High stakes San Diego poker tournaments offering hundreds of thousands of dollars in prizes are coming back to area casinos in September.
The RunGood Poker Series‘ “All-Star Comeback Tour Powered by PokerGo” returns to Jamul from Sept. 7 to 12.
The Mid-States Poker Tour makes a repeat performance at Sycuan from Sept. 16 to 26.
San Diego Poker Tournaments: Jamul
The RunGood Poker Series at Jamul features a $100,000 guaranteed-prize pool for the main event.
There will be two flights of play on September 10-11 preceding the main event final on Sept. 12. Buy-in is $575.
The festivities kick off with a Welcome Party at Jamul’s Loft 94 eatery. That’s followed by an evening Opening Night Guest Bounty Ring Event ($135 buy-in).
Other highlights of the RunGood Series include:
- A Seniors Ring Event for ages 50+ with a $125 buy-in.
- The Deepstack Ring Event ($185). Two flights on September 8 will merge the next day to play for a $20,000 guaranteed prize pool.
- A Turbo Satellite ($140).
- A Pot-Limit Omaha Ring Event ($300).
- The Black-Chip Bounty Closer Ring Event ($240).
Also up for grabs: An exclusive Pro-Am seat to the All-Stars Event presented by PokerGo in Las Vegas.
RunGood’s last stop in San Diego was held in conjunction with Jamul’s All-Star Block Party that kicked off on June 12.
Sycuan Casino Resort
The MSPT series at Sycuan will offer a combined $400,000 in guarantees in two separate high-stakes events.
The MSPT’s $300,000 “United States Poker Championship” is a two-day trophy event. The buy-in is $1,100. Three flight will occur from Sept. 23-25. The final plays down on Sept. 26.
A $100,000-guaranteed tournament with the same format opens the series. That buy-in is $360 and runs from Sept. 16-19.
Other highlights of the MSPT Series include:
- A Pot-Limit Omaha Championship ($400).
- A Ladies Event, powered by Poker League of Nations ($200).
- The Tag-Team Championship ($150/player).
- Nightly Deep Stack tournaments ($135).
- A Last-Chance trophy event on noon of the last day ($360).
The MSPT last stopped at Sycuan for a series that began April 29.
In 2019, Sycuan completed a $226-million expansion that includes a 12-story hotel with 300 rooms. Players can book discounted rooms during the tournament series. J&J